95Th Birthday Cake

Decorating By rocketmom1985 Updated 1 Mar 2012 , 11:21pm by rocketmom1985

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 1:34am
post #1 of 3

My father-in-law will be turning 95 in a couple of weeks. He lives in a retirement complex and I wanted to make a special cake for a small party. I wanted to do a flying pink pig with wings and write something like we thought he'd be around this long when "pigs fly". That was my favorite expression when he said something outrageous (which over the past 30 years I have been his DIL I have heard a multitude of times... icon_biggrin.gif )

Do you think this would be inappropriate? I have a sick sense of humor plus I always told him he'd go to MY funeral, LOL! icon_surprised.gif

dennise

2 replies
Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 4:50am
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketmom1985

My father-in-law will be turning 95 in a couple of weeks. He lives in a retirement complex and I wanted to make a special cake for a small party. I wanted to do a flying pink pig with wings and write something like we thought he'd be around this long when "pigs fly". That was my favorite expression when he said something outrageous (which over the past 30 years I have been his DIL I have heard a multitude of times... icon_biggrin.gif )

Do you think this would be inappropriate? I have a sick sense of humor plus I always told him he'd go to MY funeral, LOL! icon_surprised.gif

dennise

That is a question only you or your husband can answer.If his mind is sharp he might find it funny. But take it from someone who knows older people can get their feelings hurt easily.Even someone who once had a great sense of humor.

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 3

He is pretty sharp, but I do understand what you are saying. I'll make sure hubby agrees with my idea before I proceed. I just wanted something cute and funny since he really doesn't have any hobbies or interests. I saw some really unique piggy cakes in the galleries and just loved them.

dennise

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%