Pricing With Cake Boss Software

Business By Alwayzmakincake Updated 29 Feb 2012 , 2:02pm by kelleym

Alwayzmakincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alwayzmakincake Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 10:06am
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I just bought the Cake Boss Software. It's great and I love it. It's very easy to learn and have not had any problems so far.

My question is this. I add all of my ingredients and supplies up and now I know exactly what it costs me to make a cake. But when I get to the part where I have to charge for my labor I don't know what to put. Does anyone still charge by the slice with Cake Boss?

I was trying to price a cake with fondant and gumpaste decorations and then the addition to 15 cupcakes with fondant accents. I was thinking of charging $20 per dozen for cupcakes, and $2.50 for every extra one. And then $.25 for fondant decoration on each cupcake. Then do I not enter the ingredients for the cupcakes into the software because it counts that. A little confused.

I found out that the cake and the cupcakes in my area would have charged $186. The cake served 25 people.

Just don't know if I should just add labor or actually charge by the slice and cupcake for my cakes. Help.

Thanks!

Michele

1 reply
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 2

Hi Michele,

If you will email your inquiry to my support staff at [email protected] she will be glad to walk you through the process. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%