Cookie As Sole For Shoe?

Baking By sillywabbitz Updated 29 Feb 2012 , 11:38pm by sweetflowers

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 5:30am
post #1 of 6

I'm wanting to make the high heel cupcakes like these
http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/2012/01/fashionista-cupcake-alert-cupcake-high.html

They use store bought graham crackers which are hard to cut and I want to get a more natural shape.
Would the NFSC recipe be strong enought to be propped up like that?

Is there any other type of cookie that might work for me? I want the sole to be yummy. So I'm trying to avoid gumpaste and fondant as the sole.

Thanks

5 replies
sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 6

I can't see the pic, it's blocked at my office. But, if you use NFSC and cut it thick enough and bake it thoroughly, it will be strong enough. I coat my cookies with while chocolate to make them stronger when I do structures.

For the graham crackers, I use a serrated knife to 'saw' them and they cut like a charm. I also heat my cookies and sugar cones in the microwave so I can bend them and cut them easily, just in case you decide to go that route.

sillywabbitz Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 6

Sweetflowers, thank you for your response. I would be covering them in white chocolate for looks anyway so that's good to know. I have some graham crackers at the house. I'll try the microwave trick because I'd rather use the graham crackers than make a bunch of cookies....For some reason I'm cookie challenged.

sweetflowers Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 6

Just a note, certain types of cookies work in the microwave and some types don't. I've noticed types that are like fortune cookies, and sugar cones soften wonderfully. so those sugar cones will also make a good sole if the graham crackers don't work.

sillywabbitz Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 10:45pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the tipicon_smile.gif I'll try the sugar cones. how long do you nuke them for?

sweetflowers Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 11:38pm
post #6 of 6

It's been while, but I think I started at like 10 seconds. Do it in bursts and you'll be able to tell when it's starting to soften enough to cut and shape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%