I attempted to make cake balls two days ago, and they were a disaster! The cake came out great...but the chocolate not so much. I used the "Make N Mold" Vanilla flavored candies. I tried to dip the cake balls in melted candies and put them in one of those small cupcake/candy holder. I gave the first one that dried to my boyfriend and he spit it out! ...but he devoured the cake ball w/out the dipping. Please help, I would like to attempt this again tomorrow at some point.
Hi! White vanilla candy melts are a bit tricky to work with when making cake pops. They tend to not melt as well and can be a challenge to get them to cover the cake pop completely and smoothly. One tip is to add a teaspoon or so of Crisco or shortening to your melted candies. Stir it up until the white chocolate runs smoothly off a spoon, without clumping. Do not over heat. Often, folks will 'burn' their chocolate, which makes it taste bad and difficult to work with. Follow the directions and when you take it out of the microwave, stir it for a minute or two to see if they will melt. Use 50% power on the microwave in 30 sec intervals.
Hope that helps! Good luck!