Question About Using Rice Krispies Treats

Decorating By Sara716 Updated 27 Feb 2012 , 10:41pm by msthang1224

Sara716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara716 Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone! This weekend I will be making a birthday cake for my son. My plan is to have a two tier cake with a rice krispies treat tree on top. My problem is, I've never used rice krispies treats on a cake. I've been reading a lot on this site and have gotten a lot of great tips on how to work with them. My question is, what would be the best way to anchor this tree on top of the cake? I'll be practicing making the tree itself tomorrow. My plan is to mold it on a dowel, but I just keep picturing the tree falling off and ripping my cake apart. Any suggestions you can give would be great. Thanks!

3 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 4

Hi,

I use rkts all of the time icon_smile.gif I love working with them. If your going to make yr tree on the dowel, be sure to brush yr dowel with a lil bit of edible glue (tylose glue). You can also brush some chocolate onto yr dowel in place of the edible glue. This will ensure that yr rkts has something to adhere to when placed on the dowel. add a lil bit of yr edible substance every couple of layers while forming yr tree (depending on how big yr tree will be).

HTH

sing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sing Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by msthang1224

Hi,

I use rkts all of the time icon_smile.gif I love working with them. If your going to make yr tree on the dowel, be sure to brush yr dowel with a lil bit of edible glue (tylose glue). You can also brush some chocolate onto yr dowel in place of the edible glue. This will ensure that yr rkts has something to adhere to when placed on the dowel. add a lil bit of yr edible substance every couple of layers while forming yr tree (depending on how big yr tree will be).

HTH

Great tip thumbs_up.gif

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 4

Thank You icon_smile.gif RKTs Rock, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%