Cake Decorating Class In Nyc

Decorating By Camsgal Updated 23 Mar 2012 , 4:23pm by DaryaC

Camsgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Camsgal Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 10

I will be in NYC in a few months and I was wondering if there are any cake classes you recommend while I am there. I would like something advanced! Thanks!

Michelle

9 replies
Cupcakeboy85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeboy85 Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 3:08am
post #2 of 10

What exactly you wanna learn?

Camsgal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Camsgal Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 3:12am
post #3 of 10

I know its vague but I want to learn something I dont know! Maybe sculpted cakes or so cutting edge techniques. Collette Peters or Bronwen Webber type... Does that help?

Cupcakeboy85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeboy85 Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 3:22am
post #4 of 10

Well there is a store called NYCAKE that have classes on the weekends and sometimes weekdays. They teach how to make gumpaste shoes, isomalt, chocolate 3D molds etc.. Each month they teach something different. Here is the link http://www.nycakeacademy.com/studentswork.aspx
As far as Colette Peters I don't know any upcoming classes she have coming up.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 3:24am
post #5 of 10

try the new york cake decorators club. they always have events going on but they are pricey

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 10

Hi, You should contact Irene at Sweet Irene in Brooklyn. She has a website and facebook page. I have taken a few classes with her and she is an excellent teacher! She provides all supplies. It is all hands on. I have taken a shopping bag class, pillow class and gumpaste shoe. You leave with the most beautiful cake. If you contact her let her know that Kathy from her classes sent you.

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 10

Check out CityCakes NY.

http://citycakesny.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/city-cakes-classes-scheduled-2/

They have some upcoming classes.

VanillaSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaSky Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 1:11pm
post #8 of 10

Try the Institute for Culinary Education. They have one-day and week-long courses. They have some beginner courses, but most people in the room have some background, so even the beginner classes are meaty. They also offer advanced classes. I have taken a few and you will find lots of hobbyists, part-time cake decorators or people who work in bakeries that want to advance their cake decorating skills. The instructors are very good (toba Garrett teaches many classes and heads up the program) and they use top quality ingredients and equipment. I think their prices are very reasonable and they offer the most classes of anyone else I've seen.

You could also try the French Culinary Institute but they have fewer classes and are twice as expensive.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 7:30am
post #9 of 10

thats my school icon_smile.gif

DaryaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaryaC Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 4:23pm
post #10 of 10

I too would suggest Institute of Culinary Education. If you're interested in learning how to work with butter cream - Cake Deco 1 taught by Toba Garret is the best class for that. It's a required course if you want to move on to Cake Deco 2 and 3. They also have a week-long wedding cake workshop (also by Toba).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%