How To Make These?

Decorating By Debbye27 Updated 27 Feb 2012 , 6:56pm by Debbye27

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 4

I want to make these cupcakes tonight. My guess is that it's ganache roses dusted with gold luster dust.
My question is: Did they pour the ganache over the cupcake and let it cool for a smooth finish first? And do you whip the ganache if you want to pipe roses with it? And is there a good way to dust edges without making a mess?
These will be a first for me, so any insight is appreciated. I am making mocha cupcakes with ganache frosting. (can you add coffee to ganache? or would that be overkill?)

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1309020/celtic-baileys-ganache-top-tier

3 replies
Debbye27 Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 4

anyone??

pummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pummy Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 4

I'm no expert but the cupcake does appear to be dipped first for smoothness. I don't believe the ganache is whipped. When you whip ganache it becomes airy. It appears to be piped as you would a regular buttercream rose. Yes you can add a little coffee or espresso to the ganache to boost the chocolate flavor after you melt the chocolate with the cream.

Debbye27 Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 4

so dip the cupcake rather then pour ganache...I can do that. thanks for answering...I've never worked with ganache before other then to cover 1 cake - it was so tasty, I can't wait to try decorating with it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%