Birthday Party Invite..would You Call Again?

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 27 Feb 2012 , 4:12pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 7

Advice from other Moms.....Do I call a second time to a child's mom whom I invited to my daughters birthday party...Sent an invite 2 weeks ago and called last thursday and left a message also to see if she is attending..Getting very frustrated.What would you do??I have several other kids I can invite and the venue charges for 8 kids whether 8 attend or not so I want to make sure I have 8...

I am getting very frustrated icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif I shouldn't have to run after these people..

Should I call one last time?

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 7

No, I think not. You don't have to run after peopleit's their responsibility to RSVP.

If you were hosting a catered event and had to pay for XX servings yet all seats weren't filled, you probably wouldn't start inviting extra people last minuteyou'd just pay the bill.

I would have probably invited the several other kids and paid extra if/when more than the minimum showed up.

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 7

I'd call one more time and explain that you have to have a hard number, so if you don't hear from her you will assume she won't be coming. Sometimes messages get lost, so she may not know you are trying for a firm count. Do you have an option to pay for extra kids, or are there only 8 spots?

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 7

I'd call one more time too icon_smile.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 12:09am
post #5 of 7

I would give her a deadline to respond and let her know that her child's place in the party will be replaced unless you get a verbal response from her.

Or just send her an email saying sorry we won't be seeing her child at the party since she did not respond and I bet she calls you back.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 1:12am
post #6 of 7

I agree with unlimited. You may have to pay a bit extra. I bet they come to the party.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 7

Well I have called and left messages.I don't have an email address.The venue can't accomodate anymore than 8..it is a pottery studio....I guess I will just wait and see if she calls..otherwise I will call one last time and basically say if you don't call me by such and such a day they I assume your daughter is not attending and will be filling the spot.

Thanks everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%