Viva Paper Towel In Canada

Decorating By buxomlisa Updated 26 Feb 2012 , 2:34am by AnnieCahill

buxomlisa Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 7

Hey everyone. I've started a cake business a few months ago from my home and I'm having an awful time getting buttercream smooth. I like to use all butter because I hate the taste of shortening. There must be a way to get it smooth. I've tried the hot knife with no luck. I would love to try the viva paper towel but I live in Canada. Is there anyone willing to send me a roll of the unprinted viva paper towel? I'll pay for it plus shipping. I'm getting pretty desperate trying to find some and hope that it's just what I need to help me with my cakes as not slot of people Want fondant.

6 replies
dsilvest Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 7

I am also in Canada and use any kind of paper towel. I usually use the wrong side as there tends to be less of a pattern. I finish it off by using a sheet of computer paper if I am not satisfied with the smoothness of the finish.

buxomlisa Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 1:15am
post #3 of 7

Hi Diane. Thanks for the tips! What kind of buttercream do you use? I could spend hours trying to smooth my buttercream and it's still left with bumps. Maybe it's too thin? Too thick? What consistency does everyone use? I also heard it's good to put the cake in the fridge and let it get cold before smoothing. I haven't tried that yet.

bernerluv Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 1:32am
post #4 of 7

I use the Wilton BC and can get it pretty smooth w/ the Viva towels. It takes me a while because I am pretty OCD about it but I am always pleased w/ the outcome. I have many rolls of Viva and I would be glad to send you a few rolls if you want! My Mom uses them in her art too so I buy them for both of us when they go on sale!

buxomlisa Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 1:52am
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much!! Can you email me and I'll send you my address? Thank you thank you thank you!!

bernerluv Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 1:55am
post #6 of 7

Sure....emailing you right now!!

AnnieCahill Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 2:34am
post #7 of 7

You don't have to use Vivas. You can use a piece of parchment paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%