Cascade Effect On Cake

Decorating By izzybee Updated 26 Feb 2012 , 7:15pm by bobwonderbuns

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 3:55am
post #1 of 5

Please see attached photo of dress. I am doing a 4 tier cake, and need to create this effect on the cake. I'm fine with the top of the dress, but not sure how to go about creating the cascading effect on the bottom three tiers using fondant. I will need to pipe the edge trim, place fondant buttons going down length, and have it flare at the bottom.

Has anyone done this effect? Do you go in and out on each tier, or drape a triangular piece down the 3 tiers. Any ideas would be welcome, thank you!
LL

4 replies
bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 5

I would probable drape. I would be afraid it would be more like stairs otherwise, lol. Good luck, It's a beautiful dress, make sure you post pics when it's done icon_smile.gif

kisamarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisamarie Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 5

That's going to be a beautiful cake! I would drape as well, cut the red into a a big diamond,and roll the end out rounded then trim it and attatch, then drape the white. I just did a small dress on a dress form and would love to do a tiered dress cake! Good luck I am sure its going to be stunning!

Johnica10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Johnica10 Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 5

I would Drape as well. I can't wait to see the finished product. The dress is beautiful, and it is also the dress I almost purchased for my wedding icon_wink.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 5

You know, it's funny, the CaSue girls took that exact same picture and made THE MOST gorgeous cookie you ever want to see out of it!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%