What Would You Put On Top Of This Cake???

Decorating By esangston Updated 25 Feb 2012 , 12:43pm by DeniseNH

esangston Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esangston Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 12

So im making this super cute topsy turvy styled 2 tier cake, but the bottom a zebra print hat box, and the lid is open so theres your bottom tilt... the top is a dress, its basically a 1 sleeved dress (to give the other tilt lol) with piped swirls on top and rose petals on the bottom... yall can probably imagine that...

my colors are zebra print... w/ purple and aqua... the top of the dress is not quite a 45 degree angle but its pretty steep... and i just dont know what to put "on top" aka on the slope of the dress... it needs something... I was kinda thinking a bow, but then kinda thinking about a shopping bag type of thing...

the cake is for a little girls 9th bday... and she is a girly girl! were talking coach purses and caviar dreams here lol... i just wasnt sure what to do on top... I'm going to attempt to attach my drawings of the cake plan... keep in mind im a cake decorator and not a paper pen artist lol... the bottom tier is round btw... these are the pics I showed the mom so she could see my plan... hence all the notes

I meant to add that i've made a few things in advance to use around the cake board, theres some lil nail polish bottles, a pair of sunglasses, some shoes..... and i bought this napkin ring that looks like a big massive diamond ring. I made some "diamonds" out of melted jolly ranchers and a mold so i have those as well.... I've also got this super cute purple A that i was gonna put on there somewhere... still not sure where lol... i've had alot of inspiration for this cake can you tell??? i think i was putting all my energy into this cake as my daughters first bday is next weekend and im still clueless on hers lol...

11 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 12

What about your big "A" surrounded by a bunch of pearls?

labelle24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labelle24 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 12

or a little hand bag might be cute...

Haimm01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Haimm01 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 12

I like the idea of the big A on top with pearls and sparkles!

sing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sing Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 12

I also like the idea of the big A on top with pearls.

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 5:23pm
post #6 of 12

I'm thinking maybe one of those big flowers that are so popular now, white. losts of thin beautiful petals.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 12

One big or a cluster of smaller flowers on the high part!

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 8:56pm
post #8 of 12

seems to me there should be a "head" there and that would be a bit creepy. i vote to not put anything on it. you are gonna put flowers where a head should be? lol. maybe flowers on the small part (shoulder area).

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 9:08pm
post #9 of 12

Yes, a gorgeous large flower(could be a fantasy flower) would be beautiful. Love the design.

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 12

BTW, i am an architectural designer and I love that you used graph paper and the "drawing" is actually really really good. my sketches are hard to even visualize except myself. Don't dismiss your drawing and sketching skills!

Nancy_TX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancy_TX Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 4:05am
post #11 of 12

A big number 9 with lots of bling.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 12:43pm
post #12 of 12

I keep being tugged to place your large A (blinged out with disco dust on the highest part of the shoulder surrounded by medium sized flowers and leave the slanted part alone - if you bury or hide the slanted part it will lose the nice angle you plan for it. Accenting the one draped shoulder also visually increases the slant (which is extra cool). If leaving that part bare bothers you, why not carve it narrower at the top so that there's less area to be tempted to decorate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%