Cake Boxes And Boards? Where To Get?

Business By HannahsMomi Updated 24 Feb 2012 , 8:02pm by bluedaisies

HannahsMomi Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all! I'm trying to find the ideal places to get supplies for when I start my business. I'm trying to price things out for my business plan. I'm planning on getting boxes from brp boxshop. Are there any better, cheaper places? I think the free shipping there makes them the best deal. I figured it would work the same for cake circles/boards, but I find the Webstaurant Store online and their prices are cheaper. Has anyone ordered from this site before? Is it good or not? Is there a better place to get cake boards? I would sooooo appreciate any ideas! This business plan is A LOT of research! Thanks!

6 replies
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 7

I get mine from I have had great service with them so I haven't really tried any where else.

brenda549 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 7

It depends on your production volume. I am small. I LOVE brpboxshop (free shipping) but only order the 10 packs. I have just ordered from Bake-a-box. I was able to get sets of 25 boxes cheaper than the 10 packs, even paying shipping. The boxes are much sturdier than the ones I was getting from brpbox.

As for cake drums and boards, the best deal I have found are at fondant source, but their shipping can be steep if you are not in the southeast. Bake-a-box also has boards, but they do not seem to have drums.

CWR41 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 7

This might help with your business plan research... it's a list of suppliers:
(have fun with your online window shopping!)

Reyna Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 7

thats where i get mine

HannahsMomi Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 7

Wow! Thanks for the huge list CWR41!! That will keep me busy!
brenda549- Yes, I do need to consider production volume. I guess I don't need to order 500 8" cake boards at a time....even if they are cheaper icon_lol.gif It's just so tempting!

Reyna and SnLSweetEscapes- brpboxshop is great. I love the free shipping! It's hard to find anyone cheaper when you factor that in. I did find cheaper cake boards elsewhere though...

bluedaisies Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 8:02pm
post #7 of 7

I really like BRPBoxshop too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%