Fresh Flowers

Decorating By TheBakingNurse Updated 24 Feb 2012 , 8:35am by msthang1224

TheBakingNurse Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 3:03am
post #1 of 7

any tips on using fresh flowers on a wedding cake? I have done multiple searches and really not finding much info on this topic? my friend wants fresh flowers but not sure what type yet.

6 replies
TheBakingNurse Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 3:49am
post #3 of 7

msthang1224 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 3:58am
post #4 of 7

Yr very welcome icon_smile.gif

TheBakingNurse Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 4:50am
post #5 of 7

so I found out she is wanting stargazer lilies. Everything I have read states that they are deadly for cats but seems unsure about humans....I dont think I am comfortable with the idea of a potentially toxic flower being placed on my yummy cakes!

msthang1224 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 8:29am
post #6 of 7

I don't blame you. I would inform her of the info that you have on this flower, it being harmful and that you don't think its a good idea.

Wilton has whats called "flower spikes", I think thats the name and you stick the flowers stems inside of them and then you are able to put them on yr cake BUT, I'm not even sure I would use that still, bc of the the potential hazard of the flower in general.

I don't know if you make gumpaste flowers or not but, maybe you can mention that to her and see if she likes the idea. I mean, it's more work for you but, its much safer for everyone at the wedding icon_smile.gif There are videos on youtube and Edna of Design Me A Cake has a dvd that shows how to make Stargazer Lillies. she is awesome at making Sugar Flowers.

msthang1224 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 8:35am
post #7 of 7

Also, you can order gumpaste flowers if you don't want to or have time to make them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%