White Choc Pudding In Durable Cake For 3D And Wedding Cakes?

Baking By blueangel174 Updated 28 Feb 2012 , 6:22am by lkozik

blueangel174 Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 3:46am
post #1 of 4

I read that someone used a white chocolate pudding mix instead of vanilla in this recipe along with a yellow box mix. I wanted to use the white chocolate pudding with a marble cake mix, but discovered that the white chocolate pudding that the store carries is sugar free. Have any of you used the sugar free pudding in this recipe? Does it change the taste at all? I wasn't sure if it baked any differently. Also, has anyone used the cookies and cream pudding mix - if so, what flavor of cake would you use it with? Thanks for your help!

3 replies
msthang1224 Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 4:12am
post #2 of 4

I use White Chocolate Pudding mix (sugar free) all the time in some of my recipes and I haven't noticed that it changes anything. It makes for a yummy cake though!!

I have also used the cookies n cream pudding mix in a white cake mix and it's just yummy icon_smile.gif Next, I'm going to try it in a chocolate cake mix and see how it tastes.

Haimm01 Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 3:48am
post #3 of 4

My favorite part is playing with the different flavorings! My favorite has been chocolate cake mix and pistachio pudding mix!

I haven't noticed any difference between the different pairings and how they effect the durability!

lkozik Posted 28 Feb 2012 , 6:22am
post #4 of 4

I just used the white chocolate pudding in a recipe and substituted 1/2 C. white chocolate coffee creamer for part of the liquid it called for in the recipe, and it was delicious! Very moist. I've also accidentally bought the sugar free pudding mix and used it anyway and it was just fine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%