Professional Grade Cake Pans/drums?

Decorating By Lyoshka Updated 23 Feb 2012 , 10:07pm by Lyoshka

Lyoshka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyoshka Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 13

Hi! I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for professional cake pans? I want to start building my cake pan collection (so done with the wilton ones), but don't really know what's good..

Any other professional grade tools recommendations would be very much appreciated, as well!

thanks!

12 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 13

Two words: Magic Line.

I have Wilton.
I have Fat Daddios.
I have some unmarked.
I have Magic Line.

Magic Line are so much better there is no comparison. They will last you a lifetime.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoshka

Hi! I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for professional cake pans? I want to start building my cake pan collection (so done with the wilton ones), but don't really know what's good..

Any other professional grade tools recommendations would be very much appreciated, as well!

thanks!

I agree, I love my Magic Line pans. As for other professional equipment look into an Agbay cake leveler. They are worth every penny!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 13

Magic Line...period.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 13

Magic Line! Absolutely!

Lyoshka Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 13

thank you for your replies! Amazon has a 5 set of Magic Line pans (6, 8, 10, 12 and 14 inch) for $39, seems like a great price, so I may jump on that.

Lyoshka Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

I agree, I love my Magic Line pans. As for other professional equipment look into an Agbay cake leveler. They are worth every penny!

I want me some Agbay cake leveler in the worst way, but I think I'll actually need to start taking cake orders to save up for one. Is there a size you'd recommend over others?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 10:07pm
post #8 of 13

I thought the same thing but ended up buying mine as a hobbiest. Every time I bought anything, like a $20 shirt, I kept thinking that could go to my Agbay. So I sucked it up and bought it. I personally would buy the larger size, single blade because you can upgrade to a second bald if you get busy enough but if you buy the junior you can't make it wider. That said they didn't have the juniors when I bought mine and I rarely do cakes over 12 inches so it probably would have appealed to me more back then.

ufo9978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ufo9978 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 10:11pm
post #9 of 13

Magic line for suer. As for fondant Satin ice and I so want a Agaby !

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 10:12pm
post #10 of 13

I am also only a hobbiest but upgraded all my pans to Magic Line--love them!! I also have the double blade Agbay--my bday present from my DH one year--I love it and use it all the time.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 2:47pm
post #11 of 13

Check Global Sugar Art and compare them to the Amazon price. I need some sizes to fill in around what I have and Global (plus a couple of other sites) were a ton cheaper than Amazon for some reason. It didn't use to be that way, but now it is.

I keep looking at Fat Daddios because they're available in stores around here, but those sides and edges just don't look straight to me.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 2:56pm
post #12 of 13

If you have an EIN, you can set up an account with CK Products, they sell MagicLine pans at wholesale prices icon_smile.gif.

Lyoshka Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 10:07pm
post #13 of 13

FullHouse, to have a EIN, do I need to be a registered business? or what are the requirements? Wholesale prices would be lovely!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%