Help With Small Details...

Decorating By Amanda_K_Bass Updated 22 Feb 2012 , 9:03pm by Amanda_K_Bass

Amanda_K_Bass Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 4

OK, i don't really know what this is called, but I want to add the "swag" details on this cake to a wedding cake that i am doing in a couple weeks. What would be the best way to go about this? Is there maybe a stencil or something that I could use? I know Wilton has a kit that lets you mark your cake so everything is even. Maybe that's what I need, but I didn't know if that would be the best option.

Here is a picture. I want to do the "dotted swag" that is at the top of every other tier.

Thanks in advance!!

3 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 4

This is called piping and the dots are hand piped with a small round tip. You could use a stencil or the Wilton kit to mark where you would pipe the dots. This technique is a lot harder than it looks so I would recommend practicing on the side of a pan or coffee can.

ddaigle Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 4

To get your marks, buy the garland marker. Two come to a pack. (google it---it's pink) I use mine constantly.

Amanda_K_Bass Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 4

Will do!! Thanks a bunch!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%