Cake Pops And Fondant Question

Decorating By Cathrine123 Updated 20 Mar 2017 , 4:39am by Cindy5512

Cathrine123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathrine123 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 13

I saw a recipe for some cake pops am wanting to try make some and I saw some that I would like to replicate however these particular ones have fondant on them, how do you get the fondant to adhere to the cake pop? I apologize if this is the dumbest question ever, I was thinking a thin buttercream but I thought I would ask you guys in case any of you had any great tips.

Thanks

12 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 13

Are you talking fondant decorations or poured fondant coating? If you mean decorations, I've found that the best way to get anything to stick to the coating is to use melted chocolate. Piping gel doesn't work too well. HTH

shawnteel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shawnteel Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 13

You can stick the fondant on as it is drying or you can wait until it has dried and take a dab of melted chocolate and adhere it that way.

Dont ever think your questions are stupid, we all were new at one point and you asking questions are helping others that may think theirs are to "stupid" to ask icon_smile.gif

Cathrine123 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 13

Thankyou so much both of you, Yeah I am just wanting to adhere some fondant around the cake sponge then also do decorations onto the adhered fondant icon_smile.gif

I have never tried poured fondant so I am not entirely sure on how that would work. I will definitely keep the melted chocolate in mind icon_biggrin.gif

jgifford Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 13

Do you mean that you want to cover the cake pops with regular fondant? That's going to be very difficult - - you might want to just dip them in candy melts or almond bark.

Cathrine123 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgifford

Do you mean that you want to cover the cake pops with regular fondant? That's going to be very difficult - - you might want to just dip them in candy melts or almond bark.

Yeah that is what I saw here is the link, it really looks like fondant, what do you think?

[url]http://www.bakerella.com/pop-star-anju-in-canada-3/

If not then I guess that I can use candy melts or chocolate and then stick on fondant with melted chocolate? thumbs_up.gif

jgifford Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 7:56pm
post #7 of 13

These are dipped, then decorated. You'd have a really rough time covering those little balls in fondant - it's difficult enough to cover a 6" sphere.

Attach as much as you can before they dry after dipping, then use melted chocolate to attach the rest of the decorations.

And don't forget to post pictures. thumbs_up.gif

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 8:12pm
post #8 of 13

no fondant on these, it's colored chocolate - you dip them and tap off excess and it dries into a smooth coating

Cathrine123 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 8:54pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgifford

These are dipped, then decorated. You'd have a really rough time covering those little balls in fondant - it's difficult enough to cover a 6" sphere.

Attach as much as you can before they dry after dipping, then use melted chocolate to attach the rest of the decorations.

And don't forget to post pictures. thumbs_up.gif

Thankyou so much for all your advice very much appreciated icon_biggrin.gif I will definetly post pictures!

xcandie1735 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy5512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy5512 Posted 19 Mar 2017 , 8:45pm
post #11 of 13

Cake Pops And Fondant QuestionCake Pops And Fondant QuestionHey guys, I have a question. How can I do these little baby elephants ? I know I can use fondant but how do you get them to that shape ? And also if i use fondant can I stick that to the cakepop with a little bit of candy melts ? Any suggestions. Thank You 

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy5512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy5512 Posted 20 Mar 2017 , 4:39am
post #13 of 13

Thank you so much ! Perfect ! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%