How To Factor In Your Time?

Baking By Sweet-Inspirations Updated 23 Feb 2012 , 3:18am by Bridgette1129

Sweet-Inspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Inspirations Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 12:16am
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and had a few questions.

I'm a hobby baker, but I'm getting more and more requests fo my cupcakes, so I'm currently evaluating the costs (including cupcake liners and packaging) but I don't know how to factor in my time and how much to charge (I know that this is different for everyone, but a rough idea would be appreciated)

Also, my red velvet with cream cheese runs me about 0.60$ each. I personally find that that's alot! Any Ideas as to how to recuce the production cost?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

2 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 12:30am
post #2 of 3

The best way to reduce cost is to order in bulk however when you're just starting out, this is really hard to do. For your time, most people say it depends on your skill level. It seems $10-$15 per hour is common but obviously if you have a specialty skill like sugar flowers etc you can charge more for your time.m

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 3:18am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-Inspirations

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and had a few questions.

I'm a hobby baker, but I'm getting more and more requests fo my cupcakes, so I'm currently evaluating the costs (including cupcake liners and packaging) but I don't know how to factor in my time and how much to charge (I know that this is different for everyone, but a rough idea would be appreciated)

Also, my red velvet with cream cheese runs me about 0.60$ each. I personally find that that's alot! Any Ideas as to how to recuce the production cost?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I would factor in AT LEAST minimum wage for your labor. Once you get better, make it more. Minimum wage in my state is $9.04 and I factor in $12 an hour for now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%