Help!! I Need Help Pricing A Wedding Cake...

Decorating By Amanda_K_Bass Updated 22 Feb 2012 , 4:20pm by Amanda_K_Bass

Amanda_K_Bass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda_K_Bass Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 5

I have a wedding cake due on March 10th. It's going to be 4 tiers, starting with 15", 12", 9" and 6". It's going to be iced with white buttercream and just layers of chocolate and yellow cake with buttercream filling. I'm going to make gumpaste hydrangeas for the top and placed sporadically on each layer. And, at the base of each layer, I'm going to put a layer of satin ribbon covered with some lace to give it a vintage look. I'm also going to add some details to the top of every other tier. How much should I charge for this cake?? Thanks in advange for your help!

[/quote]
LL

4 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 5

Welcome to CC. No one can tell you how much to chargeicon_smile.gif It's based on several factors:
How much money will you have in the cake? You need to calculate ingredient cost, plus boards, support system , electricity, ribbon gas to the store and for delivery, plus how much money you want to make per hour. Flowers can be time very time consuming so you need to charge appropriatly for that.

There is a good pricing thread going on right now on how to determine pricing. It might be a good place to start.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-739725-0.html

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 5

Figure out your cost for the cake, and the time it will take you to make it. Then decide how much you want to make an hour, multiply that by the time the cake will take you, and add it to the cost of your ingredients and supplies.

Nobody else can really tell you what to charge. We don't know what it costs you for ingredients or overhead.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 5

Along w/what has already been said, lots depends on your location. In big cities the price is higher than in rural towns; on the west coast vs central USA also makes a difference.

Amanda_K_Bass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda_K_Bass Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 5

OK, thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%