Pizza Oven Picture

Business By wafawafa Updated 24 Feb 2012 , 4:43pm by wafawafa

wafawafa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wafawafa Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 8

my home oven is normal. its too small and i think the problem of long baking will not be solved , so I am considering buying countertop oven because of little space I have .
what i found in the market is pizza oven as posted in my previous post

So any advice , can pizza oven be suitable for baking cakes

the oven has grades from 0 to more than 300 Celcuis , so it can be done to 160 C , or 325 F easily

here the specs

Two-door model of GN 2/3 pizza oven with infrared quartz elements (1050°C) and fistone for fast and crispy cooking of pizza, quiche, lasagne, pies (pizza oven function), gratinées, flambées, cheese sandwiches (salamander function), bread, tarts, focaccia, pastries (bread oven function).

Independent regulation of each set of quartz tubes.

A 33 cm (12) dia. fresh pizza in 330 or deep-frozen pizza in 430.

Features : 15 bell timer with lock position for non stop use, select of top and bottom heating element, thermostat 0-350°C, pilot lights.

Option : stacking brackets for maxi 2 over PZ 660, 1 pizza / min.

Power : 3 kw
Outside dimensions : 840 x 465 x 240 mm
Weight : 31 kg
Volts : 230v

as u can see , it says there is baking function for breads , I hope u help me ladies
thanks

7 replies
wafawafa Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 5:19am
post #2 of 8

Bumb

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 8

As long as the oven will maintain the correct temp you'll be fine - we used to bake cakes in our pizza restaurant all the time. One thing you might want to consider though, is that it usually takes 45 minutes to an hour for the oven to come up to baking temp.

jgifford Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 8

OK, now that I've said that I took another look at your picture. Since this is a countertop oven, the heating up time is going to be less, so you'll probably be fine. Didn't mean to give you heart failure there. icon_redface.gif

wafawafa Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 5:31am
post #5 of 8

Thaks for the reply

It will maintain the temp. The specs says

Do u put the cakes direcly on brick , coz i am worried the bottom cake will not burn

jgifford Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 2:08pm
post #6 of 8

We always did, but then they were commercial ovens and the stones weighed a ton so we didn't try to move them. Our pizzas were baked in pans, not directly on the stones, and they didn't burn. Neither did the cakes. We also baked our own bread and sandwich buns and they came out great.

Postal_Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Postal_Cakemaker Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 2:21pm
post #7 of 8

The cake shop I worked at used a pizza oven and she would put cardboard over the bricks. Making sure there wasn't any left over glue or tape that could melt.

She would change it out almost every month. At first it would smell like it was burning but it was fine.

Hope this helps.

wafawafa Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 4:43pm
post #8 of 8

All the replies are encouraging it seems I will go for it

Thanks everybody and still waiting to hear from others

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%