Strawberry Shortcake Biscuit Wedding Cake??

Baking By sleepy20520 Updated 17 May 2012 , 11:53pm by BakingIrene

sleepy20520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleepy20520 Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 3:49am
post #1 of 4

I have a client who wants a Strawberry shortcake biscuit WEDDING CAKE. is this even possible? i know you can make strawberry shortcake with a cake recipe but they want a weddign cake made of the biscuit recipe....any good ideas here???

3 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 4:05am
post #2 of 4

It's an interesting and creative concept. Your client may or may not fully understand the implications of her idea. It would be good to walk her through what the dessert would look like when presented. Offer some variations, such as several larger shortcakes that can be cut, or a mix of small and large shortcakes, or a small wedding cake filled with strawberries and iced with whipped cream plus mini shortcakes to equal enough servings. Or any combination of these.

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 4

Seems like the biscuit part would crumble. I wonder if you can convince her to do individual desserts. I've done a large strawberry shortcake type of wedding cake a couple of times. But, I use my pound cake recipe ~ which holds together beautifully. I believe there might be pictures in my "photos".
Good luck!

edit to add: I have an example on page 5 in my photos. That one has raspberries too. But, you get the idea. I've done it with all strawberries, without problems.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 17 May 2012 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 4

Ask the customer to accept that this won't be stacked--use the cake stand that holds each tier separate.

Make very rich biscuits using a scone recipe that won't crumble as fast. Bake in pans in 2 thin layers per tier.

Make a strawberry filling using firm gelatin (3 ounce pack jello and 1.5 cups total liquid) to hold the berry slices together. Prechill 1" deep in the same pans as the scones.

Make a vanilla bavarian filling also chilled 1" deep in the same pans.

Assemble per tier, a scone, a strawberry layer, a bavarian layer, a scone.

Top with stabilized whipped cream and pipe decorations. Add strawberry slices in flower patterns...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%