"red" Firetruck From Cars Movie

Decorating By prichardsk Updated 27 Feb 2012 , 5:16pm by prichardsk

prichardsk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prichardsk Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 2:47am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone. I have been asked to make "Red" the firetruck from the cars movie. I know there are lots of pics out there for firetrucks but he is a little different. If I need to feed 25-30 people what size cake should I use. I have seen a diagram of cutting an 12x18 into 4ths and then stacking three slices on top of each other and then the last slice cut in 3rds and place two of them on top of the other stack for the front part of truck. Is this the way I should go about doing this? I would just have to cut some of the length off because Red is shorter than a regular firetruck. Do I cover this in one piece of fondant? Was just curious if anyone had any instructions or pointers to help me out. Thanks icon_smile.gif
LL

2 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 2:23am
post #2 of 3

Hi,

The way you described how you plan to make "Red" sounds like a good idea icon_smile.gif You could cover it in one piece OR cover the front on the truck and then the rest with the seams meeting up. Also, remember to use a couple of thick pieces of foamcore or a stack of boards glued together and cut to fit the cakes above it, for height. This will lift the cake up so that you can put yr wheels in place and it will look just like a raised truck ie: yr pic. I hope i explained this well enough for you.

HTH

prichardsk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prichardsk Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your reply. I'm already stressing out making this cake and I haven't even started. I've never done a 3D cake like this. I am just wanting to make sure that I have enough cake and not too much cake. Does anyone know if maybe using a 11x15 pan would work kind of in the same way or any other pan suggestions? I was thinking that I would cut my board to cake size and definitely place it up on foam for it to be raised in the air...and then have a dowel be my axel to run under the board with the wheels attached. Suggestions are always welcome for those who look at this post!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%