My Schedule Is Topsy Turvy!

Decorating By cakemonster7713 Updated 19 Feb 2012 , 2:17pm by sillywabbitz

cakemonster7713 Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 4

i have to make a 3 tier topsy turvy cake for a birthday party but im confused. the party is on Sunday and im afraid if i make the whole thing on Saturday then i might be up all night. so if i decide to make all my cakes on friday (the person wants them all from scratch) in the afternoon (i will be busy in the morning until around 3 or 4 o clock) could i just tort fill cover in buttercream and put it in the freezer overnight?Then the next day i can can just finish the cakes?Im afraid that if i do this my cakes will get as hard as a rock and loose flavor and just taste like iceicon_sad.gif help ! Thanks so much !

3 replies
leepat Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 4

I ;would not put them in the freezer just fill, cover and stick them in the fridge they will be just fine. I do it all the time and no hard cakes.

argylealice Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 4

Hi you should not need to freeze the cakes if you cover them in buttercream they will still be fresh to decorate the following day

sillywabbitz Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 4

You can freeze cakes. People do it all the time but your need time for them to thaw before you decorate them. So in your case: You can frost and ice them Friday, leave on the counter unless you use perishable filling and decorate Saturday then deliver Sunday. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%