Maple Spread?

Baking By qhoney Updated 20 Feb 2012 , 7:32pm by qhoney

qhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qhoney Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 4

So I'm sort of new to this whole baking thing and I almost exclusively bake cupcakes, but recently my boyfriend gave me a small tub of maple spread that his mother sent him from Vermont. He wasn't going to use it and thought I could somehow incorporate it into a cupcake recipe. I'd love to use it in a frosting somehow, but wasn't sure if I could just substitute butter for the maple spread. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 4

What are the ingredients of this maple spread? If it's mostly butter, I think you could sub it for butter in an icing recipe. Or if you think that would be too much maple, maybe just sub half.

qhoney Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks a bunch, I'll have to check the ingredients when I get home and report back.

qhoney Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 4

Ingredients: Cane syrup, maple syrup, high fructose corn syrup, water, salt, xanthan gum.

No butter at all. It smells very syrupy so my guess is that I can probably blend in just a bit at a time to any buttercream until I get the desired maple taste. It looks as if it was heated a bit, it would look and smell exactly like maple syrup.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%