Gumpaste Letters

Decorating By SuzieBlueEyes Updated 18 Feb 2012 , 1:07am by BlakesCakes

SuzieBlueEyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzieBlueEyes Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 3

Hello, I am making a wedding cake that has the alphabet, in white, scattered over the cake, with LOVE in red. (I have a photo however, I can't get it to attach to this message!) I am having an impossible time trying to find an appropriate cutter for the letters. I'm needing about a 3/4 -- 1 inch letter and the font is serif. Everything I am finding is either much too small or not the font the bride wants. Tappits has the font but I'm only finding 5/8". I haven't found this font in Clikstiks. I realize I could probably accomplish this with a Cricut however, I just can't justify the expense when I would use it very little.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anyone who (gasp!) sells premade gumpaste letters? The wedding is in two weeks and I"m getting nervous.

So to summerize: I need capital case letters, about 1", in a serif or san serif font. Thanks everyone!

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 3

When I need a really specific font, I print out the letters I need in the size I need and cut them out. It takes a while but sometimes it's the only way to get it exactly right.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 1:07am
post #3 of 3

OK, I'm lazy. I'm NOT going to cut out the alphabet, many times over, BY HAND, in any font for anybody for any amount of money.

If it can't be piped and must be fondant/gum paste lettering, then I find the closest font in size and style and that's what I use.

I LOVE the speed & ease of ClikStix. The block or script upper case are 3/4th inch and would look great.

It's hard to tell a client that YOU, as the creator of the cake, must have some leeway when it comes to things like this. If you do it well with what's readily available, it'll look great.

If the bride is going to faint over no serifs and slightly smaller letters, she'd better not try to go through childbirth............

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%