Cuocakes Fill Off From Cupcake Liners

Baking By jenie Updated 4 Mar 2012 , 4:04pm by jenie

jenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenie Posted 17 Feb 2012 , 7:17am
post #1 of 7

Hi there,

I have a problem with my cupcakes, they fill off away from the cupcake liners. what seems to be the problem? please help.

Thanks,

Jhen

6 replies
merry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merry Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 7

It might be the type of cupcake liner you are using.....bleach free liners can cause this problem. So I would try another brand of cupcake liner.

jenie Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks icon_smile.gif

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 7

It's your recipe. Not all recipes convert straight to cupcakes without leavening or egg adjustments. Post what you are using and I can try and help.

I have baked cupcakes in every type of wrapper out there, from super cheep to super expensive and I've even made my own out of parchment (cheep and expensive), and I have never had my cupcakes pull from the paper because of the paper. It's 100% of the time the recipe.

poorlittlefish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poorlittlefish Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 7

I had the same problem a couple of times and, having researched the issue, people suggested it was underbaking. Since then I've added an extra two minutes to the baking time and so far, the problem hasn't returned. I've used three types of liners since addressing the baking time and all have been fine.

Another thing I do is leave the cakes to "set up" just a couple of minutes in the tin before removing the cakes onto a wire rack. Apparently steam/moisture can cause the liners to pull away, so removing the cakes from the tray soon after coming out of the oven can stop that.

sing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sing Posted 24 Feb 2012 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 7

Wow good information, I never knew cupcakes could be so complicated lol..

jenie Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 7

Here's the recipe:

1 Cup Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
2 cups white sugar
4 Large eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water

Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
Alternately add flour and water, beginning and ending with flour.
Bake 20 mins in preheated 350' oven.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%