Push Up Cake Pops

Baking By Sparklekat6 Updated 19 Feb 2012 , 3:06am by imagenthatnj

Sparklekat6 Posted 16 Feb 2012 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone made these? Are they hard to eat. I saw the containers at the Cake Decorating store and I kind of want to try it but they seem like they'd be a pain to actually eat. Any thoughts?

3 replies
leah_s Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 4

There are a gazillion threads on here, especially when they became really popular a little over a year ago. They are a pain to make, a pain to transport and I personally think they are messy to eat. But people will buy them.

TheBakingNurse Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 4

I made them for my sons party....the previous writer is correct...they are a pain to make and transport...and can be costly due to the cost of the container itself...but they really look pretty

imagenthatnj Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 3:06am
post #4 of 4

I just made them for my niece's birthday party (in my photos). The kids loved them. I think because they had never seen them before. So did the mothers.

But I did observe them when they were eating those. Some of the kids ate them by pushing them up and slurping the frosting first, but some others just ejected the cake into their plates I guess because they were having some difficulty getting to the cake part to eat together with the frosting.

They were a pain to make, but maybe because it was my first time. I made two half-sheet, one-inch tall cakes and just put a layer of raspberry jam in between two of the circles and some buttercream between the other two.

You use the same container as the cutter.

There's a book coming up soon. Somehow I got a PDF of a few pages with a recipe and some tips, but I can't find the link now. This is the book.

Quote by @%username% on %date%