1) i am making a baby shower cake and need it to serve 25-30. It will be a tiered cake. I have a 9" contour pan & a 6" round i was thinking of using but am not sure it will be enough.
2) Also, do i put boards in between the layers before i ice them (ie: each tier is a 2 layer, do i put a board between them) as well as between tiers after i put the fondant on & stack? (it is a fondant covered cake)
3) I am assuming also that i should use dowels when i stack them? Is this correct?
Thanks foe any help you can provide!
1) 9" round serves 32.
2) you put a cardboard under each tier (not layer)
2) Yes, you must put supports in a tiered cake.,
1. A 6 and 9 will be plenty to feed 30 people.
2. You will need to put a cake circle (board) between the tiers, but not between layers.
3. Stack your layers ice and cover in fondant. Put dowels in the bottom cake to support the top tier. Make sure your dowels are cut to the exact same size.