Glitter

Decorating By sam_1955 Updated 16 Feb 2012 , 3:38am by charlita48

sam_1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sam_1955 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 8

Help, I want to make a cake that looks like it glitters like diamonds.

7 replies
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 8

Hi sam_1955, do you mean like this:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1351946/sugar-cake

I am not sure whether these are just granulated sugar crystals or if they are something that has to be bought at a sugarcraft supplier, you could pm the person and ask. HTH

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 8

Lots of little diamonds or just one big cake cut into diamond shape with something on it to make it glitter?[/quote]

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 8

If you are looking for the effect of the link mmmmCake listed, you can use the Sparkling sugar by wilton. I did this for a Chrsitmas cake and I love the look. I actually mixed the sparkline sugar with a finer sanding sugar because I didn't have enough of just one and it worked great.

mymyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mymyb Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 8

I´m pretty sure the cake is covered with edible flakes/sparkles. Some brands call them flakes, some brands call them sparkles. Make sure you use edible glue as they melt in water.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyb

I´m pretty sure the cake is covered with edible flakes/sparkles. Some brands call them flakes, some brands call them sparkles. Make sure you use edible glue as they melt in water.

It's actually stated in the description that the cake is covered in sugar.

Makes a lovely presentation, but personally, I wouldn't like the texture for eating.

Rae

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 9:19pm
post #7 of 8

Blake's cake, I felt the same way about the texture but I did a pretty thick layer of buttercream on mine and it really didn't effect the texture because once the piece is cut you aren't getting that much sugar.

charlita48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlita48 Posted 16 Feb 2012 , 3:38am
post #8 of 8

I would like to use sugar to make a cake sparkle. How do I put colored sugar on the sides so I dont have huge gaps and make a mess. I know using room temp. buttercream works better than fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%