I Found A Commercial Kitchen!

Business By Bridgette1129 Updated 15 Feb 2012 , 5:42am by Bridgette1129

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 4:20am
post #1 of 5

I went and toured a commercial kitchen and she has a GREAT special going on. It is too cheap to pass up!

I have my business plan and all that jazz but do you have any general tips?

Since I am JUST getting legal, I am just starting to advertise and was wondering how you got your first orders?
I know not to expect a profit for a while, but I'd like to at least get orders icon_wink.gif

Thanks so much!

4 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 4:38am
post #2 of 5

Congrats!

You'll need to book time and practice baking in the ovens. Trust me, you'll need to just test recipes. What works at home will fail or be weird as soon as you use a commercial oven.

Yelp was great for me for free quick easy advertising.

Bridgette1129 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 5:11am
post #3 of 5

Thank you! I'm focusing on yelp right now. Got 2 reviews! Hopefully people will see me on there.

And thanks for the tip! We haven't starting using the ovens for cake yet in school so I figured I'd have some stuff to figure out! Do you have the fan on while you bake? I know some you can turn the fans off.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 5:29am
post #4 of 5

Nope, fans off for me, but my oven is either a fan on or off. It doesn't have a low setting.

Another tip - introduce yourself to everyone and give them cake. Make friends. Ask lots of questions. They will help you.

Bridgette1129 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 5:42am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much! I really do appreciate it! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%