Giraffe Head With Rkt

Decorating By pastrygirl08 Updated 18 Feb 2012 , 3:52am by msthang1224

pastrygirl08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl08 Posted 14 Feb 2012 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 4

can someone tell me how or send me instruction on how to sculpt a giraffe head out RKT I planning to make 3D giraffe cake all in RKT and cover in MMF so if any can help me

3 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 8:52am
post #2 of 4

Hi,

What you can do is make the head seperate and then attach to the body.

Start out with a really good mashed up piece of rkt and roll it into a a semi log and begin to mold it into a nice oval like shape. With shortening ong yr hand begin to pull/smooth one end of rkt outward. When you get it to the length you like then make a small slit for where the mouth will be. At the same end take a paintbrush (small) using the end of it and make the indents for the nostril. Then shape the other end of it to look like the back of the giraffe's head. Work from there to make it look like what you want. then cover and add all of yr details to enhance.

I hope I explained it well enough to help you. I see it in my head but hard to put in writing :-/

pastrygirl08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl08 Posted 15 Feb 2012 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 4

thank you very much

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 3:52am
post #4 of 4

Yr very welcome.

By the way, I think Iforgot to mention to be sure and put a skewer or toothpick in the body or the head after you make it. That way you have something sturdy to attach it to the body with. Also, I use tylose glue to attach my figures. Good Luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%