Fighter Jet

Decorating By Sandysdream Updated 16 Feb 2012 , 7:22am by Sandysdream

Sandysdream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandysdream Posted 14 Feb 2012 , 10:13am
post #1 of 3

Can someone please help me with a tutorial for a fighter jet cake? icon_confused.gif

2 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 14 Feb 2012 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 3

I don't have a "tutorial' per se, but I've made a couple, so I'll describe what I did.

Started with a long loaf cake. Alternately, you could bake a sheet, like a 9x13, split it into three parts and stack them.

I began carving the loaf into a tube shape. Once it started taking shape, I took a sugar cone, poured a little melted chocolate into it, and inserted a very long lollipop stick. Once the chocolate set, I inserted the stick into the front of the cake. Then, continued carving into shape, using the nose cone as a guide.

Fashion the wings and tail from gumpaste in advance. Be sure to insert long sticks or skewers into the wings before they dry. Stagger the position of the sticks on each wing so they don't bump into each other when you insert them into the sides of the cake!

I covered my fighter jets with buttercream camo back in 2006, but I'd use fondant today. icon_smile.gif

For the flames emitting from the back of the plane, I piped flood-consistency red royal icing into the shape of the flame, then topped that with orange, then yellow royal and fanned out the colors with a toothpick. Let dry overnight. Alternately, you could fashion the flames from gumpaste.

Hope this helps!

Sandysdream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandysdream Posted 16 Feb 2012 , 7:22am
post #3 of 3

Thank you Diane. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%