How Do I Add Stripes To Topsy Turvey Cake

Decorating By ubercakes Updated 14 Feb 2012 , 8:12am by SugaredSaffron

ubercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ubercakes Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 11:39am
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I plan on making the attached cake. i havent done stripes on a topsy turvey cake but have heard they are challenging. i was wandering if anyone has any tips of knows of any tutorials. i have seached, but cant find much.

Ana[/img]
LL

2 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 14 Feb 2012 , 7:28am
post #2 of 3

Hi,

It looks like the bottom tiers base color is red and then the person added black and white stripes using various sizes. What you do is sart in the center on the largest side of the tier and then continue around alternating the sizes as well as alternating the colors. As long as you start in the center, you should end up with coordinating colors. Use your pic as a guide to refer to.

Tip: Use shortening to adhere the stripes. Just in case you make a mistake in placement of your stripes, you can remove it with ease; and not have color stains on yr cake after removing the stripe
HTH

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 14 Feb 2012 , 8:12am
post #3 of 3

If its the planet cake method, I don't think there is an quick way to do it. You have to cut the stripes and then taper them so that they meet to a point in the middle. There is a tutorial to a similar style: stripe http://cakegoddess.blogspot.com/2008/09/striped-cake-tutorial.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%