Newbie, Please Help!

Baking By monsoon Updated 13 Feb 2012 , 10:28am by monsoon

monsoon Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 8:33am
post #1 of 3

Hi there

I just found this great site - I'm a newbie to cake decorating - and hope you can help!

I baked a lemon madeira cake yesterday for a party this Saturday (froze it last night - is overnight enough to defrost a cake and in or out of the fridge?). I wanted to fill it with lemon buttercream (I bought lemon curd, which contains no eggs or milk, just sugar, lemon extract, stabilizer, etc, to mix with normal buttercream) and then I want to cover it with white chocolate ganache.

If I do this on Wednesday, will it keep until Saturday out of the fridge? Because then I can spend Thursday night covering with fondant and decorate on Friday?

Hope to hear from you soon!
m.

2 replies
suzukipammy Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 10:26am
post #2 of 3

cake will last for about 3 days depending on where it is stored usually best to store in an airtight container but i think it would be better if you waited another day to defrost you dont want stale cake after all your hard work decorating do you.

monsoon Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 10:28am
post #3 of 3

icon_smile.gif Thanks! So best to defrost on Thursday then. Hope I get done in time - set myself the challenging task of a death star cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%