First Time I Did Mmf...help Please

Baking By Juliegre Updated 18 Feb 2012 , 2:34am by QuebecGirl

Juliegre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliegre Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 12:57am
post #1 of 6

I did my MMF yeasterday morning,and i used it on the evening,but he was hard to color and to roll...
What did you think i did wrong?
Maybe to mutch powder sugard?
I use 450 g massmolwo
Less than 1 k powder sugar,
3 tsp water
1 tsp extract
Thanks
Sorry for my english angain....

5 replies
Vista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vista Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 1:25am
post #2 of 6

After letting it set you have to knead, knead, knead to make it soft again. It some times helps to zap it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds then knead, knead, knead. If it doesn't get any easier, add some corn syrup to it and knead some more!! Good luck.

The recipe I use is similar to yours, just remember that you don't have to use all the powdered sugar. When it reaches a consistency you are happy with, stop adding ps, rub with shortening, and let it rest.

Juliegre Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 1:31am
post #3 of 6

Thank,
Yes i put it in microwave
And rub with shortening befor let it rest...
Maybe a have to knead more.
Is it easiest to work with commercia?
Usuly i use satin ice...and he is more souple...soft...

MKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKC Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 1:53am
post #4 of 6

Je recommande cette recette: http://cakecentral.com/recipe/rhondas-ultimate-mmf

Et voice un bon video pour comprendre la methode et arriver a la bonne texture: http://www.thetwistedsifter.com/video-makingfondant.php

Il faut aussi toujours petrir le fondant pendant quelques minutes avant de l'utiliser.

Juliegre Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 11:40am
post #5 of 6

Merci mkc!

QuebecGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QuebecGirl Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 2:34am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliegre

I did my MMF yeasterday morning,and i used it on the evening,but he was hard to color and to roll...
What did you think i did wrong?
Maybe to mutch powder sugard?
I use 450 g massmolwo
Less than 1 k powder sugar,
3 tsp water
1 tsp extract
Thanks
Sorry for my english angain....

J'utilise la meme recette, mais je ne mets pas le sac (2 lbs/8 tasses) de sucre en poudre au complet, environ les 3/4 je dirais. Je mets la moitié, je m'assure que c'est bien incorpore et j'ajoute du sucre jusqu'à ce que je puisse en faire une boule. Ensuite je pétris en ajoutant du sucre jusqu'à ce que ça ne soit plus collant. Bien emballer et laisser reposer quelques heures au moins, ne pas réfrigérer. Si la recette au complet doit être de la même couleur, j'ajoute la couleur aux guimauves fondues. Ne pas trop faire cuire les guimauves, faire des intervalles de 30 secs au micro-ondes, c'est suffisant.

Bonne chance icon_smile.gif
--------------

I use the same simple recipe but I don't use the whole bag of sugar - about 3/4 of a 2 lbs bag in all. In fact, I add half of the bag to the melted marshmallows, insure that it is well incorporated and I keep adding until it starts forming a ball. Then I knead while adding PS until it is not sticky anymore. Wrap up carefully and let rest a few hours. Do not refrigerate. If the whole batch will be the same color, I add it right after the marshmallows are melted, much easier at that stage. Do not "cook" the marshmallows, warm them up in the microwave 30 secs at the time.

Best of luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%