Shipping

Business By cimplysweet Updated 12 Feb 2012 , 6:12am by FromScratchSF

cimplysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cimplysweet Posted 12 Feb 2012 , 1:57am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have any suggestions for shipping Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I have tried Dry Ice..

5 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Feb 2012 , 2:16am
post #2 of 6

Can't freeze strawberries and not have them weep when they defrost.........

I'd think that the only good way to do it is overnight delivery. I wouldn't pay for it as a customer, though. Too easy to find them locally or make myself. I love my family in NH, too, but not enough to spend that kind of $$ $$$$$ on shipping.

Rae

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 12 Feb 2012 , 4:22am
post #3 of 6

Ditto. And yes dry ice will destroy the berries.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 12 Feb 2012 , 5:07am
post #4 of 6

Actually, Alton Brown demonstrates how to freeze berries with dry ice, start at 2:55.

Jen

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Feb 2012 , 5:22am
post #5 of 6

[quote="FromScratchSF"]Actually, Alton Brown demonstrates how to freeze berries with dry ice, start at 2:55.

Jen[/quote

Great info, but I don't see shipping companies following all of those instructions................and he never really addresses what happens to the berries once they fully come to room temp....or how chocolate on the berries would be affected by the freezing & defrosting.

Rae

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 12 Feb 2012 , 6:12am
post #6 of 6

[quote="BlakesCakes"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

Actually, Alton Brown demonstrates how to freeze berries with dry ice, start at 2:55.

Jen[/quote

Great info, but I don't see shipping companies following all of those instructions................and he never really addresses what happens to the berries once they fully come to room temp....or how chocolate on the berries would be affected by the freezing & defrosting.

Rae

He ate some at the end? They were almost perfect berries.

But that's true, it's late and I forgot these were chocolate covered berries the OP was asking about - not quite sure how you'd toss those in dry ice to make that work icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%