How Would You Incorperate This?

Decorating By kel58 Updated 10 Feb 2012 , 1:50pm by leah_s

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 3

So an aquatance of mine emailed me last week about making a small wedding cake for her. She said that she didn't much care what it looked like (she is having a very small wedding and wasnt going to even have a cake till everyone seemed appauled at the idea of no cake) and I thought "great, I might get to try out something new".
I gave her some basic info and told her to get back to me if she was interested still and if she gave me some more info about the wedding I could come up with some ideas. She emailed back today to let me know that she really liked the bride/groom cupcakes with a 5 inch topper I had done and would like to go with those. Ok, easy enough. Well, she would also like to incorperate her 2 boys on some of the cupcakes. My brain is at a loss as to how to do this and still have it all still look like it "goes" together. My only thought was to put them on the topper but i'v never done figure molding before. Does anyone have any ideas please?
The other thing she said was that she was thinking 50 cupcakes. She told me before they were inviting 90 to the reception. That doesn't seem close to enough. What is the rule of thumb for the number invited vs the number of cake servinging?

Thank you to you wonderfull, creative, cakers in advance!

2 replies
MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 3

I would think 1 cupcake per person. You can put the boys names on the top 5" cake, using Tappits or something, Instead of modelling figures, just incorporate their names somehow, maybe on the side. Just a thought. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

Good Luck, Sounds like a nice little intimate wedding. Lovely.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 3

My rule of thumb for cupcake ordering is 125% of the expected head count. People will eat more than one.,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%