Which Type Of Chocolate Do I Use For A Drizzle?

Decorating By CupcakeQT82 Updated 11 Feb 2012 , 7:30am by msthang1224

CupcakeQT82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeQT82 Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 1:27am
post #1 of 6

I am making (as we speak) a cake for a woman's 75th bday. I used buttercream (a lighter texture but slightly crusted) and since her bday is on V-day and the customer gave me free reign to decorate I just had the idea of drizzling chocolate down the sides on top of the BC to give it a fun Vday feel. I have ganache on the stovetop because I am making it for my husband's bday cake, but it's too warm and would melt the buttercream. I also have Hershey's syrup but is this too thin? TIA!

5 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 1:34am
post #2 of 6

Hi,

You could use the ganache but let it cool down to room temp and the pour OR you can use melted candy melts that have cooled down at room temp as well.

HTH

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeQT82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeQT82 Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 4:23am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the links! I ended up using my ganache I already had going and let it cool to room temp. Turned out perfect and definitely took the cake up a notch!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 6:02am
post #5 of 6

Good news: you did the exact right thing I would have recommended icon_smile.gif

Hersheys would have continued to run and while coating chocolate would have worked, it will crack and break off when the customer goes to cut it.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 11 Feb 2012 , 7:30am
post #6 of 6

Yayyyyy, Glad that it worked out for you icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%