Mini Heart Cakes

Baking By Litada Updated 10 Feb 2012 , 4:54am by Litada

Litada Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 12:11am
post #1 of 5

Hi. I have some mini heart cake pans that I'll be using for a Valentine's Day bake sale. What the heck is poured icing? I'm feeling really stupid here.

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 1:00am
post #2 of 5

No need to feel stupid at all. If you don't know something never be afraid to ask = especially on this forum icon_smile.gif

It is a super thin fondant that is poured over a cake somewhat like a glaze. It is usually see through.

Why do you need to use that? You can use any icing you want on mini cakes.

Litada Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 3:33am
post #3 of 5

I purchased the wilton heart pan....it has six hearts in the pan. The cakes are about the size of a cupcake.

I was looking at other mini heart cakes and realized that people were using pouring icing on the cakes. The cakes are so small so I wasn't sure if I could actually ice them the regular way.

I'm new to cake decorating but not to baking. I'm doing this for a bake sale at church this weekend and was just trying to do it the right way.

I really do appreciate your help and I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future!

kakeladi Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 4:29am
post #4 of 5

Yes, I know the pan and size of the cakes. Use a rose tip to pipe icing around the edges and any tip to cover the tops.
One could also use a spatula (cake knife( to apply icing if you didn't want it perfectly smooth.

Litada Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 4:54am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much for all your help!

Have a blessed night!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%