Poll About Equipment Rental For Hobbyists

Decorating By eszilla Updated 10 Feb 2012 , 12:25am by KoryAK

eszilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eszilla Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 2

Hi friends,

Just kicking around a biz idea and was hoping for some guidance. I'm thinking of renting out some equipment for hobbyists in my area - namely, renting some pans (including Nordic Ware), a Cricut Cake and cartridges, KitchenAid Professional mixer with attachments (including dough hook to knead fondant) - (I thought people might want to try these expensive things out before buying) - cupcake stands, decorating DVDs, etc. I'd be glad to rent to professionals too, just figured most already have this stuff. This is strictly a part-time/fun biz idea, not a stand-alone-quit-my-evil-corporate-job concept...yet.

A poll about rental pricing may follow, but this is just a preliminary interest gauge.

So - I'd love any advice/comments/thoughts and your replies to the poll. If I have missed something really obvious that you'd love to rent - please mention it! Or if you think something is completely stupid to rent out - that's helpful information too.

Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Feb 2012 , 12:25am
post #2 of 2

I think that you'd have a lot of issues with getting the machines back clean and undamaged. Stands and DVDs would be great to rent out though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%