Cookies And Cream Filling??

Baking By cdmolina83 Updated 9 Feb 2012 , 7:06pm by cdmolina83

cdmolina83 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 3

It's my son's 5th birthday party this weekend and I am just not sure what to do. He wants a chocolate cake with oreos. I thought about making a cookies and cream mousse filling. Has anyone tried this before? If I were to fill the cake Friday, will it be ok till Sunday? Also, what would be the best frosting on the outside? I am making a dragon cake if that helps. So I will definitely be using some MMF for a few things. Any tips would be GREAT!!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Debbye27 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 3

When I make cookie and cream filling, I add a package of Oreo cookies and cream pudding mix to my SMBC and I add the cream of about 3/4 package of oreos to it. (Yes, I scoop out the middle of the oreos...I know it's time consuming... if I add the cookie crumbs though- then the filling will be bumpy- then the fondant will be bumpy....
If you are going to go with a different frosting to cover the cake -then I'd recommend ganache- very easy to make, very tasty, and also very good for under fonant.

cdmolina83 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 3

icon_smile.gif Thanks. I thought about ganache too. I loooove ganache. I have made a chocolate mousse with pudding before under fondant and the fondant became wet and sticky. Thats why I am looking to do a different frosting than the filling. I thought about a vanilla buttercream for the crumb coat then just use MMF over that. I am just not sure how well it will all taste together. Thanks for the tips. I actually might put crushed up oreos in the filling. I don't really need it to be smooth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%