3D 2010 Camaro Cake

Decorating By SereneLittleSweets Updated 9 Feb 2012 , 6:32am by msthang1224

SereneLittleSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SereneLittleSweets Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 2

SO... my boyfriend has a 2010 Camaro and his birthday is coming up. I want to replica his car but this type of car has so many indents and curves etc in the body. and hints on how to make the spoiler and such?

1 reply
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 6:32am
post #2 of 2

HI,

I looked up a pic of yr car. there are alot of versions to this car. The one I saw with some indents in it, I would do it like this.

After you carve out the basic structure of the car then I would look at the pic and estimate where the indent should go. for the door panel indent: Use a small knife and starting from the back near before the wheel begins. start slightly up from the door and slice thru but on a downward slant (top and then do bottom part) and that should give you the indent in the door.

for the grill: use modeling chocolate to make it. Make the grill markings/impression on it first then put it in place after you ice yr cake and before you put yr fondant on. then cut away the fondant where u placed the modeling chocolate. U can use this techniqu to do yr windows too.

See the pink car in my photos, if you cant see good. Give me yr email and . I can email you some of the process photos to the car.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%