Oklahoma Home Baker Legislation

Decorating By sweetteacher Updated 20 Feb 2012 , 3:27pm by sweetteacher

sweetteacher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetteacher Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 12:42am
post #1 of 2

Oklahoma State Representative Wade Rousselot has introduced a home baker's bill. Go here to read: http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=HB2403&Tab=0 Click on "HB 2403" located under the green to read it. This proposal is similar to Eric Proctor's bill that failed a couple of years ago. I talked with Rep Rousselot a few months ago and emailed copies of Texas' signed bill. While I'm very happy that he listened and acted, this is not the legislation I wanted. For example, due to requiring home inspection ($$$) I don't think it will pass. Please contact Rep Rousselot and your own state rep and senator and push for passage with changes. Send them links to other states' legislation,etc. to show what we want.
The time to introduce bills for this session has past but this one can be amended. Now is the time to act.

1 reply
sweetteacher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetteacher Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 2

Just got off the phone with Rep Rousselot.( This is pronounced Ru-sa-lo) His bill was read before committee last week. He says there were lots of questions. The state health department has told him that the $75 dollar license fee would not cover the cost of inspection. I reminded him that I had sent him the links to the Texas bill which does not require inspection. He said he had talked with some farmer's market people who didn't like the income restriction. We talked about the possibility of only requiring a license if the income is above a certain amount. He said he will be doing more research and talking to more people. The bill may get rewritten for this session but time is running out to do so. If this is important to you. please call his office and your own legislators.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%