Baby Rump Cake

Decorating By iukacakelady Updated 8 Feb 2012 , 2:18pm by DianeLM

iukacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iukacakelady Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 7:17am
post #1 of 7

I have an order for a Baby Rump cake next month and I was just looking for some tips that anyone might want to share. I am wondering if it would be easier to use cake for the legs/feet or to use rice krispy treats? Please feel free to share your advice, I want this cake to be perfect for this baby shower. Thanks in advance!
[/b]

6 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 9:03am
post #2 of 7

Hi,

I would use RKTs for the legs and the feet but Im sure that if you wanted to, it could be done out of cake.
Check this out:
http://cakecentral.com/tutorial/baby-shower-how-to-make-a-baby-rump-cake

HTH

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 7

I'm making my first baby bottom cake and plan to make the legs/feet out of straight fondant. I think RK treats will be an unnecessary amount of work. Plus, there's always the risk of lumpiness with RK treats.

msthang1224 Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 7

Hi,

I wouldnt consider using RKTs Unnecessary amount of work, at least not for me, it isnt. You can get the premade ones and work from there. They are sturdy, take shape well and you wont waste an excessive amount of fondant making the legs.

If your like me, I use my fondant very well bc it is expensive. Plus, some ppl like eating RKTs icon_smile.gif I love working with it and a tip to getting yr RKTs surface smooth before applying yr fondant: run across yr project with a small rolling pin and it wb as smooth as a babys bottom icon_smile.gif

iukacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iukacakelady Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 6:53am
post #5 of 7

Thank you so much for the response! I am gonna do a practice run on this cake next week, I will post my results! Thanks again.

msthang1224 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 6:58am
post #6 of 7

yr very welcome icon_smile.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 7

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%