Help, How Do I Make A Stand Or What Should I Use?

Decorating By klovesports Updated 7 Feb 2012 , 12:55am by msthang1224

klovesports Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klovesports Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 2

I'm making a perry the platypus cake for my niece. I was originally going to make agent P but there's only gonna be a small gathering so I decided to go with perry. I want to make him stand on all fours, not lie down like most pictures that you see online.

So what should I use to as a base/stand to make him seem as though he is standing on his legs. I'm gonna make a yellow cake with buttercream icing covered in mmf.

This is what perry looks like as well as some pictures of some cakes that I have seen.

Cake:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amymapeevlia/6198022903/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mycakepictures/6268224031/
LL
LL
LL

1 reply
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 12:55am
post #2 of 2

Hi,
You will have to build a support system if you want him to stand up on all fours. Bc of the weight of the cake, it wouldnt work without supports.

Maybe you could get your hubby or someone to help build it for you OR if yr handy with tools, you can do it too icon_smile.gif

I wish had a scanner bc I would draw out whats in my head, lol.
Im going to explain from bottom to top:

you need a very sturdy base board (masonite or plywood) etc then you will need 4 support rods (pvc pipe or the like) and 4 flanges with screws and nuts, these will be for the legs.
You will conncet the 4 flanges, screws and nuts to the baseboard then you will need to get ANOTHER piece of sturdy masonite or plywood (whatever you used for the bottom) and conect that the same way you did the bottom, with flanges etc...but in the reverse so that when your finished you just have a smooth service to work with. this is what you will lay yr cake down on.

You can cover the legs part with RKTs and cover.
Then you began to build yr cake ontop of that entire support.

I hope that I explained it well enough for you to understand bc I am know to ramble on n on, icon_smile.gif

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%