Karate Cupcakes

Decorating By dmfan71 Updated 8 Feb 2012 , 12:20am by laurabeth73

dmfan71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmfan71 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 4

hi

how would you make these cupcakes? is the top part all fondant or do you think its buttercream with fondant belts? Just wondering what the best way to do them is. Also what colouring do you use for the face? a light peach? is there a specific colour for flesh tone? What tip would you use for the squiggly hair?

thanks!!!!
Michelle
LL

3 replies
Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 4

This looks like all fondant circles- flesh colored fondant quarter circles, then white fondant circles cut in half and layered over it. Fondant strips for belts....the faces look like buttercream or royal icing piping, the hair is fondant strips, too- looks like they cut the ends with scissors, those strands probably came from an extruder (think play-doh -those little gun things that squeeze out small sausage shaped pieces) But you could get the same look with the grass tip and buttercream or royal icing. There is a flesh color- I found mine at my local cake supply store (not michaels or joannes - an actual 'cake decorating store) but you can probably order it online if you don't have one in your area.

laurabeth73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurabeth73 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 4

Hi Michelle!
If it were me making these cupcakes, I personally would do them whichever way is easiest. Looking at the. picture, I think its buttercream with fondant belts but don't quote me on that! Lol. As far as skin color, I use Wilton's Cooper icing flooring & I would use tip # either 3 or 4.
I hope I helped somewhat. Good luck & I am sure you'll do a great job!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

laurabeth73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurabeth73 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 12:20am
post #4 of 4

Oh My Goodness!!!! I HATE this keyboard & spell check thing on my kindle!!!! icon_mad.gif. I am so embarrassed. icon_redface.gif I seriously need to proofread! I am so sorry. I was trying to say icing COLORING, not flooring. UGH!!!!!!!!'

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%