Cupcake Shoved In A Drawer

Baking By Cathrine123 Updated 7 Feb 2012 , 12:35pm by poorlittlefish

Cathrine123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathrine123 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all sorry I need a bit of a rant here! so here goes

OK so I made some cupcakes for my colleagues this weekend, soon I am going to be making mini cakes for a wedding so the idea of these cupcakes were to practice my skills because of the blossoms and buttermcream that the bride to be would like, so people came over to get some from my desk and everyone's feedback was really good, saying that they were very tasty and too good to eat, which really made me happy and confident, however one colleague said that how cute and amazing they looked and if she could have one. so of course I said that it was okay, and here is the disappointing part of it.... she leaves it on her desk all day! I work in a rather warm building and it's just left there all day not being touched and I kept saying to myself every time I saw it, that won't be as good as it was first thing this morning towards the end of the day I notice that she is leaving to go home so I watch what she does with the cupcake and she opens her drawer and puts it in there, she wont be back until tomorrow morning!!! I am really shocked and I don't know how to feel about this, I don't think that it would be a good idea to eat it after its been in a warm building over night, so tomorrow I am thinking that she is just going to throw it away, icon_sad.gif I am a little disheartened and dissapointed by this, am I being pathetic in terms of how I feel? I put all my effort into making these as good as they did, I am still new at this and to see someone shove it in a drawer really made me feel not so happy and my confidence isn't at it's best yet so seeing that happen makes me think, was it really that nice?. That cupcake could have gone to someone else who could have enjoyed it! instead of being shoved into a drawer icon_sad.gif I am really quiet mad! icon_mad.gif

Sorry rant over

8 replies
Cathrine123 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 9

Also I hope that this topic was put into the correct thread my apologies if not and feel free to move icon_smile.gif

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 9

Sorry if this is a repeat, but my first reply doesn't seem to have been uploaded. I'm hoping this one goes through.

I don't think you're being pathetic, but I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. Your other co-workers raved about how beautiful your work was, as did "cupcake in the drawer" girl. Focus on that! She may have wanted to save it until tomorrow; maybe she has no idea about how to properly store food; or maybe she was just having a bad day, and didn't think you'd notice it.

I'm sure she didn't mean to insult you. Take the wonderful things the rest said and go from there! Pat yourself on the back, and forget about her thoughtlessness.
icon_biggrin.gif

Cathrine123 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathys90

Sorry if this is a repeat, but my first reply doesn't seem to have been uploaded. I'm hoping this one goes through.

I don't think you're being pathetic, but I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. Your other co-workers raved about how beautiful your work was, as did "cupcake in the drawer" girl. Focus on that! She may have wanted to save it until tomorrow; maybe she has no idea about how to properly store food; or maybe she was just having a bad day, and didn't think you'd notice it.

I'm sure she didn't mean to insult you. Take the wonderful things the rest said and go from there! Pat yourself on the back, and forget about her thoughtlessness.
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Kathys90, thankyou for your kind words, they made me feel better, I did think to myself that I shouldn't let that one person bother me when I was getting good comments all around icon_smile.gif I will keep trying that is all I can do icon_biggrin.gif thankyou.

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 9

maybe she really thinks it's 'too pretty to eat" and would rather look at it all day today...and all day tomorrow - pick her up a clear box and she can have it forever icon_wink.gif

BlueRose8302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRose8302 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 9

I agree! Maybe it was "too pretty to eat" and she was just enjoying looking at it and didn't get around to eating it yet! I would decide to take it as a compliment and don't worry about it anymore! Sounds like you made some great cupcakes!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 9

LOL don't be upset. My boss was that way. I would bring in cupcakes and he would keep it on his desk all day. Another person would only eat half. Maybe she is watching what she eats and just wants to save it for tomorrow. No big deal.

Cathrine123 Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 11:02am
post #8 of 9

Thanks everyone, I guess I over reacted but it was just a shock, and it is something that I would never expect I will look positively about it. icon_biggrin.gif

poorlittlefish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poorlittlefish Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 12:35pm
post #9 of 9

Maybe your colleague had already eaten and didn't feel like it at the time. I've bought cupcakes and stored them in my drawer because I've already stuffed myself with biscuits and can't face another thing! Sometimes eyes are bigger than bellies!

Focus on all the positive comments you got from the majority and don't let the actions of the one person (minority) get you down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%