Long Distance Love Wedding Cake

Decorating By Buttercream_warrior Updated 7 Feb 2012 , 4:21am by rwarren

Buttercream_warrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 4

im kinda stuck as to what to do about my latest cake order..the couple have been dating for 2 years and its been long distance the whole time..so they are finnaly getting married and want that incorperated in their bridal shower cake..any cakers out there have any ideas!! im soooo stuck! thanks

3 replies
grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 3:46am
post #2 of 4

How about a car cake with a female in it? Luggage on top or a convertible with luggage in it with a sign on the car that says, "George bound" or "George, here I come." "George" was a generic name for the guy. You could even put a bridal veil on the head of the female in the car.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 3:52am
post #3 of 4

I was thinking of a map of the USA with a small car on one end (CA) and another car on the East Coast headed towards each other with a line of small hearts across the map to denote the road to each other then the saying could be "Loves Highway" or "love will find a way".

rwarren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rwarren Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 4:21am
post #4 of 4

Depending how far apart the couple is.... planes, trains, other types of transportation.

Letters (the old fashioned kind with stamps and air mail stickers). A telephone cord with the couple at either end. For the really far-flung: a passport, stamped with the destination where the couple will finally be together. Maybe a dove could "deliver the mail"? Or a carrier pigeon, or a snowy owl, or whatever kind of bird would work.

A heart in two pieces like a jigsaw puzzle, that would fit together if they were placed closer together, but actually on opposite ends or different tiers.

More of a novelty idea: a large carton plastered in stamps and airmail stickers, with one person popping out of it.

gaaaa now I'm gonna lay awake half the night thinking of more ideas....
icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%