6X Sugar In Mmf

Decorating By vgcea Updated 8 Feb 2012 , 4:45am by dukeswalker

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 9

Anyone tried this? And how did it turn out? Searched threads, 2 came up with no conclusive answer. Thanks!

8 replies
dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 9

Following because the PS I usually buy at Costco is now 6x and I passed it up because I wasn't sure how it would turn out in buttercream, MMF, etc...

vgcea Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 5:15am
post #3 of 9

bump...

vgcea Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 8:22am
post #4 of 9

Surely somebody has tried using 6x powdered sugar in their MMF... icon_smile.gif

dukeswalker Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 6:37pm
post #5 of 9

i know, right?

vgcea Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 4:34am
post #6 of 9

icon_biggrin.gif I guess we're just going to have to bite the bullet and find out ourselves. I just hate to have to buy 50lbs just to find out it won't work lol.

dukeswalker Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 4:42am
post #7 of 9

seriously! I wonder if only a few Costcos are carrying the 6x stuff and that is why no one has ever used it?? I just can't believe that NO ONE on CC has any experience with it....

dukeswalker Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 4:44am
post #8 of 9

I did just google "6x powdered sugar" and the 1st several hits I got were from the Wilton boards and there are a few discussions about it.

dukeswalker Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 4:45am
post #9 of 9

and this:
"Confectioners (or Powdered) Sugar:
This sugar is granulated sugar ground to a smooth powder and then sifted. It contains about 3% cornstarch to prevent caking. Confectioners sugar is available in three grades ground to different degrees of fineness. The confectioners sugar available in supermarkets is the finest of the three and is used in icings, confections and whipping cream. The other two types of powdered sugar are used by industrial bakers. "

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%