How Many Serving In A Ball Pan?? Help Me Please

Decorating By soapy_hopie Updated 27 Feb 2012 , 12:26pm by mistresslucille

soapy_hopie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soapy_hopie Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 5

Does any one know how many serving are in in a 6" ball pan?

http://www.goldaskitchen.com/prodimg/WI2105.6506.jpg

There is a link to the pan. I only need to use half of the ball to go onto a cake, but I have no idea how many serving it holds. A 6 inch round serves 12, so I am sort of under the impression that the hole pan serves 12 but I am not 100% sure. If you could please let me know I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 5

I would say that pan serves anywhere between 10-12.

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 2:47am
post #3 of 5

Yes I have that pan and each half of the sphere is the same as a 6" by 2" high round pan. I actually filled a 6" pan with sugar and then transferred the sugar to the half sphere to check the volume and it's pretty exact. So in my serving chart (I use Wilton) the complete sphere using both halves, is 12 servings.

soapy_hopie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soapy_hopie Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you Very much.

mistresslucille Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistresslucille Posted 27 Feb 2012 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 5

Yep I would have said the same - I made a spherical cake using that same pan (both halves, obviously!) for a 12 year old boy's birthday party (I think there were 12 of them there) and the feedback from his mother said there was plenty... if the whole thing is enough for twelve boys, half of it should definitely be enough for anyone who DOESN'T have 'unlimited cake space' haha!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%